Chairman – Group Risk Committee
Datuk Seri Yam Kong Choy graduated in Building and Management Studies from the University of Westminster, United Kingdom in 1979. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Building and the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
Skills & Experience
Datuk Seri Yam had a career spanning more than 35 years in construction, real estate and corporate sectors. He was the former Chief Executive Officer of Country Heights Holdings Berhad in 1996 and Chief Executive Officer/Managing Director of Sunrise Berhad from 1997 to 2008 and was actively involved in the development and management of hotels, resorts, shopping malls, golf courses, international schools, residential and mix-use developments in Malaysia, South Africa, UK and Australia. He is the most recent Past President and Patron of the Real Estate and Housing Developers’ Association of Malaysia.
Other Current Appointments
– Chairman of InvestKL Corporation
– Chairman of Malaysia Airports (Niaga) Sdn Bhd
– Chairman of K.L. Airport Hotel Sdn Bhd
– Chairman of Triterra Sdn Bhd
– Senior Independent Director of Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad
– Senior Independent Director of Paramount Corporation Berhad
– Independent Non-Executive Director of Standard Chartered Saadiq Berhad
– Independent Non-Executive Director of Standard Chartered Foundation
– Independent Non-Executive Director of EPF subsidiary, Kwasa Land Sdn Bhd
– Independent Non-Executive Director of several CMS subsidiary companies
Family Relationship With Any Director And/Or Major Shareholder
Datuk Seri Yam has no conflict of interest with the CMS Group, does not have any personal interest in any business arrangement involving the CMS Group and has no family relationship with any other director and/or major shareholder of the Company.