Group Managing Director
Member – Group Risk Committee
Dato Isaac Lugun graduated with a Bachelor of Law (LL.B) (Honours) Degree from the University of Malaya.
Skills & Experience
Dato Isaac Lugun joined CMS on 8 January 1996 and assumed the position of Group Chief Corporate Officer on 1 August 2017 which was re-designated as Group Chief Executive Officer – Corporate on 1 January 2018. Dato Isaac Lugun was subsequently elevated to his current position as Group Managing Director on 18 October 2019.
He is responsible for managing CMS’ operations, overseeing its strategic investments and developing and implementing the Group’s strategic plans, in line with Board approvals and the Group’s vision and mission for the benefit of the Group’s stakeholders.
Dato Isaac Lugun has held various senior management positions in CMS, including Group General Manager for Corporate Affairs covering Legal, Human Resources, Corporate Communications and Company Secretarial functions. In 2009, he initiated CMS’ focus on the development of its businesses at Samalaju and helped to convert CMS’ first-mover advantage into a strategic business advantage that the Group has at Samalaju today. Prior to joining CMS, he had worked in various senior management positions at PETRONAS and EXXON-Mobil.
Other Current Appointments
- Chairman of CMS Cement Industries Sdn Bhd
- Chairman of CMS Land Sdn Bhd
- Chairman of CMS Property Development Sdn Bhd
- Chairman of CMS Roads Sdn Bhd
- Deputy Chairman of SACOFA Sdn Bhd
- Director of Malaysian Phosphate Additives (Sarawak) Sdn Bhd
- Director of OM Materials (Sarawak) Sdn Bhd
- Director of OM Materials (Samalaju) Sdn Bhd
- Director of several CMS subsidiary companies
Family Relationship with Any Director and/or Major Shareholder
Dato Isaac Lugun has no family relationship with any director and/or major shareholder of CMS.