Member – Group Risk Committee
Datuk Syed Ahmad Alwee Alsree graduated with a Bachelor of Law (LL.B.) degree from the National University of Singapore. He completed the Advanced Management Program at Harvard Business School in 2012.
Skills & Experience
Datuk Syed Ahmad joined the CMS Group in February 2004 as Group General Manager – Human Resources, was appointed as Deputy Group Managing Director in September 2006, and was subsequently re-designated as Group Executive Director in August 2008. He practised law in Singapore for over ten (10) years prior to joining CMS.
Other Current Appointments
– Deputy Chairman of Kenanga Investment Bank Berhad
– Deputy Chairman of SACOFA Sdn Bhd
– Non-Independent Non-Executive Director of KKB Engineering Berhad
– Director of SIG Gases Berhad
– Non-Independent Non-Executive Director of Kenanga Islamic Investors Berhad
– Chairman of Kenanga Investors Berhad
– Chairman and Director of several CMS subsidiary companies
Family Relationship With Any Director And/Or Major Shareholder
Datuk Syed Ahmad is the brother-in-law of Dato Sri Mahmud Abu Bekir Taib (a director of CMS), Jamilah Hamidah Taib and Dato Sri Sulaiman Abdul Rahman Taib (major shareholders of CMS). He is a son-in-law of the late Lejla Taib (a major shareholder of CMS) and the spouse of YB Dato Hajjah Hanifah Hajar Taib-Alsree (a major shareholder of CMS).